SAWT Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT) is reliable and high performance with over 3,000 VAWT installations since 2007 in 60 countries
Wind power continues to be one of the most promising renewable energy sources available. Over the past 10 to 12 years, the wind industry has seen exponential growth all over the world. It's currently the renewable energy source that can best compete with fossil fuel power plants — in some regions around the world, the clean, safe energy it generates is cheaper than coal.
Wind turbines have become a more efficient and cost-effective way to generate power. The SAWT Vertical Axis Wind Turbine product line has developed the newest, 4th generation VAWT delivering high performance at a cost-effective basis.
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT)
Wind is a flow of air caused by the temperature difference on various parts on the earth. Capturing wind for power generation provides a low-cost and efficient source of energy while protecting the environment.
There is both usable wind and wind. For our application, we must consider both wind speed and wind direction.
Winds below 25 m/s (approx. 55.9 mph) are usually regarded as usable. Winds over 25.03 m/s (approx. 56 miles per hour) are usually classified as destroying. The SAWT VAWTs employ a patented technology giving each VAWT the ability to survive wind ratings from 50 to 60 m/s (approx. 111.8 mph to 134 mph) depending upon the SAWT unit.
Vertical axis wind turbines offer substantial advantages over the early versions of wind turbines known as Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines (HAWT).
SAWT Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT)
SAWT is an ISO and CE certified manufacturer of vertical axis wind turbines. Since 2005, SAWT has designed and developed a series of reliable and high performance vertical axis wind turbines with over 3,000 installations since 2007 in 60 countries including the United States, the UAE and Saudi Arabia. The patented technologies incorporated in each of the SAWT vertical axis wind turbines make each SAWT VAWT unique in the industry.
The SAWT product line includes five VAWTs models delivering 300w, 1kW, 3kW, 5kW and 10kW.
SAWT VAWT turbines offer multiple applications in both urban and rural settings, for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional use.
The smallest output P300 can be incorporated to provide power for street and billboard lighting and other low wattage load demands. The higher outputs are P1000 to PK10 used in many applications including telecom, environmental testing, and other similar markets.
- Safer with a stronger blades structure
- Lower operating noise, nearly quiet
- Bird- & bat-friendly, no threat to wildlife
- Higher electricity generation at low wind speed
- Easier maintenance & lower maintenance cost
- Longer operating life due to stable rotor structure
- Lower tower, smaller foundation requirement
- Easily integrated into architectural and landscape
- 360° use of wind for power generation
However, the SAWT system offers even more advantages:
- Startup at wind speed as low as 2 m/s
- System efficiency equal to large horizontal turbines
- Over speed regulated by pitch control
- Automatic mechanical and hydraulic brake
- Well-designed tower and foundation
- Fast & easy installation
What makes the SAWT VAWT more efficient and reliable than other systems?
- Pitch Control Over-speed Regulation - SAWT is the only company that uses pitch angle system for over speed control.
- High Efficiency - SAWT applies its patented technologies to achieve the wind-energy conversion ratio at the same level as MW horizontal turbines.
- Automatic Mechanical Hydraulic Brake – No competitors have for automatic mechanical braking patents as SAWT does
- Coaxial structure – The wind turbine and generator are on the same shaft.
SAWT is the only company that uses a pitching system for over speed regulation in VAWTs. Pitch control can increase the working wind range so as to increase system efficiency of the turbine easily operating at wind speeds in excess of 67 miles per hour.
MECHANICAL BRAKING SYSTEM
SAWT is the company that offers automatic mechanical and hydraulic braking system on VAWT system. Others use short circuit as a brake. No other competitors can have automatic mechanical braking system on VAWT without infringing on SAWT our patent. This is an important safety feature.
Coaxial structure of wind wheel and generator are on the same shaft. This significantly improves stability when the wind wheel is rotating thereby extending the life of all of the SAWT vertical axis wind turbines.
300 to 360W
1.0 to 1.2 kW
3 to 3.6 kW
5 to 6 kW
10 to 12 kW